The Pentathlon will consist of 5 events, 1.Rowing 2. Push-Press 3. Assault Bike 4. Kettlebell Snatches 5. Burpees. Each event will last five minute with a 3 minute rest between each.
There will be two team categories and a Solo option: 2 person or 4 person team. 2 person team can tag team each event. 4 person team only 1 team member competes on each exercise, except for burpees in which the whole team will participate. Only 1 person can do a burpee at a time.
Each participant will row 5 minutes with the goal of getting as many calories as possible: The damper on the rowers can be set at any level.
Participants will perform five min of single kettlebell push presses. All participants will use the proper weight according to their category: All repetitions must be perfect and will be counted by a judge. Open category is not allowed to put the Kb down until the 5min is up, if that happens their set is over. Novice can put the KB down at any time.
3. ASSAULT AIR-BIKE:
The air-bike test will take place on an assault air-bike. Each machine will be set on calories. Participants will bike 5min with the goal of getting as many calories as possible.
4. KETTLEBELL SNATCHES OR CLEANS:
Participants will perform 5min of KB snatches. Each participant will use the proper weight according to their category. Open category must do snatches and can not put the KB down until the 5min is over. Novice competitors can choose between snatches or cleans and can put the bell down at any time. All reps will be judged so they need to be perfect form.
Each participant will perform 5min of burpees. All burpees must be done with perfect form. On each burpee all participants must have their chest touch the floor and will have to jump over a sandbag in order to complete 1 rep.
- Open Male: Lwt. Under 165lbs / Hwt. 165+: KB wts: Lwt. 22Kg on all lifts / Hwt. 24Kg on all lifts
- Novice or 55+ Male: Lwt. Under 165lbs / Hwt. 165+: KB wt: Lwt. 18kg / Hwt. 20kg
- Open Female: Lwt. Under 145 / Hwt. 145+: KB wt: Lwt. 14Kg / Hwt. 16Kg
- Novice or 55+ Female: Lwt. Under 145 / Hwt. 145+: KB wt: Lwt. 10kg / Hwt. 12kg
- Solo Male (Wt. same as Open/Novice Male)
- Solo Female (Wt. same as Open/Novice Female)
- 4 or 2 Person Male Team: (Wt. same as Open/Novice Male)
- 4 or 2 Person Female Team: (Wt. same as Open/Novice Female)
- 4 or 2 Person Co-Ed Team: (Wt. same as Open/Novice)
A participant or teams score is the combined #s of all the events.
PRICE OF EVENT
$25 Per Person
*This event is open to all abilities. If someone wants to compete but feels the weights are too heavy, they can chose to do a lighter weight, they just will not be eligible for a award.
Questions or Concerns: Click Here