The Pentathlon will consist of 5 events, 1.Rowing 2. Push-Press 3. Assault Bike 4. Kettlebell Snatches 5. Burpees. Each event will last five minute with a 3 minute rest between each.
Each participant will row 5 minutes with the goal of getting as many calories as possible: The damper on the rowers can be set at any level.
Participants will perform five min of single kettlebell push presses. All participants will use the proper weight according to their category: All repetitions must be perfect and will be counted by a judge. Open category is not allowed to put the Kb down until the 5min is up, if that happens their set is over. Novice can put the KB down at any time.
The air-bike test will take place on an assault air-bike. Each machine will be set on calories. Participants will bike 5min with the goal of getting as many calories as possible.
KETTLEBELL SNATCHES OR CLEANS:
Participants will perform 5min of KB snatches. Each participant will use the proper weight according to their category. Open category must do snatches and can not put the KB down until the 5min is over. Novice competitors can choose between snatches or cleans and can put the bell down at tang time. All reps will be judged so they need to be perfect form.
Each participant will perform 5min of burpees. All burpees must be done with perfect form. On each burpee all participants must have their chest touch the floor and will have to jump over a sandbag in order to complete 1 rep.
Teams can consist of 2,3,or 4 members. Only 1 team member is allowed to do a event, except for burpees in which the whole team will participate. Only 1 person can do a burpee at a time.
There will be seven categories.
- Open Male: Lwt. Under 165lbs / Hwt. 165+: KB wts: Lwt. 22Kg on all lifts / Hwt. 24Kg on all lifts
- Novice Male: Wt. same as open male: KB wt: Lwt. 22kg / Hwt. 24kg
- 55+ Male: Wt. same as open male: KB wt: Lwt. 18kg / Hwt. 20Kg
- Open Female: Lwt. Under 145 / Hwt. 145+: KB wt: Lwt. 14Kg / Hwt. 16Kg
- Novice Female: Wt same as open female: KB wt: Lwt. 12kg / Hwt. 14kg
- Team Open: Can be any combination of Male and female: Competitors must use the weight according to their body weight and category.
- Team Novice: Same as above
A participant or teams score is the combined #s of all the events.
PRICE OF EVENT
$25 Per Person
*This event is open to all abilities. If someone wants to compete but feels the weights are too heavy, they can chose to do a lighter weight, they just will not be eligible for a award.